Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The meteor shower

Over a week ago, I went to Calypso with my family. We did lots of cool rides including the Congo, the lazy river, the racing slide and much more! The next day, I went to my aunt Jennifer's to shovel sand for her sandbox. We also went swimming and played a bit inside. The shoveling was a lot of work, but we managed to shovel all of the sand into the sandbox. Two days later, I went to the Navan Fair. There were so many fun rides over there, so I will only talk about a few. There was a maze with glass all around you, and we had to find our way to the other side of the maze. This was hard to do because it was difficult to tell the difference between an open path and a glass wall blocking our way. There was also a ride that went very quickly in circles, also bringing you upside-down a little bit. And finally, there was a ride where you also spin in circles, but without going upside-down. We also saw a demolition derby while we were there, and it was fun to watch. The next day, we had the meteor shower sleepover with all of the cousins. We did lots of things like play baseball, soccer, sat around the campfire, doing some really weird things with glowsticks, like drawing pictures and making cool effects with them. Me and my cousin Ben also did a couple of Magic the Gathering drafts. We also played some video games. Later that week, I basically relaxed since I was tired after doing all of those fun things.